For Immediate Assistance: (815) 626-1131
How to Memorialize with Photos
Memorials are such great ways for us to keep our lost loved ones in our hearts and minds after services at funeral homes in Morrison, IL. There are so many options available for remembrance items: jewelry, wall collages, albums, paintings, plaques, vases, and candles — the list is almost endless. Perhaps some of the best and easiest memorials, though, are photos.
You most likely have hundreds, if not thousands, of photos of your lost loved one. These might depict good times, happy memories, major accomplishments, or just everyday moments.
No matter what the photos are of, they can go a long way in helping you capture and remember the spirit of that special person. Photo memorials help keep the memory of your lost loved one alive.
Need some inspiration for photo memorials? Here are the best photo memorial ideas to help you find something that’s just right for keeping your loved one close.
- Projection Memorial Jewelry – There are pendants that have prints inside and when you shine a light through, they project an image of your lost loved one. They are beautiful on their own, but this special secret makes them ideal photo memorials.
- Photo Ornament – The holidays can be very hard after a loss. Keep your loved one close to you during the holiday season with a photo ornament. You can have one custom-made, or you can break out your craft supplies and make one yourself.
- Photo Lamp – Like the projection lamp you had in your childhood bedroom, photo memorial lamps display pictures of your lost loved one while lighting them with a soft, warm glow. You can find lamps in different sizes and photo numbers to suit your needs.
- Memorial Bookmark – If you or your lost loved one like reading, a memorial photo bookmark is a great choice. Order one or make one yourself and then, every time you sit down to read, you’ll be reminded of your happy memories and the light that was your loved one. You can also have them printed in large quantities to pass out at the remembrance service as well.
- Custom Canvas Print – You can order a large canvas print of a photo of your lost loved one to display in your home. You can also customize the print with a verse, quote, poem or other piece of writing to make it that much more special.
- Online Photo Gallery – Most people keep their pictures digital these days. Making an online photo gallery of your lost loved one is not only easier because it doesn’t require any printing, but it’s also easier because everyone can quickly access the photos from their phones or computers. You can use a memorial website or use your loved one’s social media accounts.
- Engraved Crystal Photo Print – You can order a piece of crystal enraged with a photo or image of your lost loved one. These crystals are stunning display items and help keep the memory of your loved one close. They also make great bereavement gifts for someone else who’s mourning a lost loved one.
For more on memorials or Morrison, IL funeral homes, call or visit us today.