For Immediate Assistance: (815) 626-1131
The Best Way to Choose a Funeral and Cremation Provider in Fulton, IL
It can be difficult to cope with grief and sadness that comes with death. If the time has come to lay a family member or loved one to rest, how do you know who to trust with such a final and important service? Most providers offer excellent traditional funeral and cremation services in Fulton, IL. Still, others can provide unique alternative services to commemorate the life of the deceased.
As you search for a funeral home that will meet your needs, be sure to consider the following things:
Full-Service Funeral and Cremation in Fulton, IL
By selecting a funeral home that can provide the full spectrum of services in the industry, you will be able to plan a funeral service that is fitting and appropriate to your needs. If you are looking for a formal service, be sure to note the potential funeral home’s ability to do just that. This style of service is generally good for families who wish to honor their lost loved one with a combination of a viewing, funeral, and graveside services.
However, times change, and these days many families are looking for something less formal. They may be looking for simple final arrangements of the deceased, such as a direct cremation with no immediate service, or a memorial service after the body has been cremated. Still, other special requests or needs will honor the memory of the deceased.
Schilling Funeral Home is a full-service provider that offers the following to our community:
- Traditional Funeral: We provide embalming and care of the deceased, as well as caskets, headstones, and commemorative services. We can even provide the venue at our funeral home if desired.
- Burials: Internment and burial services can be handled by our qualified professionals.
- Military Honors: If your loved one was a veteran, we can provide them all the dressings and honors due for their dedicated service to our nation.
- Cremations: Cheaper than embalming and burial; this option is becoming more popular as a way to care for the remains of the deceased. The ashes will be respectfully returned to the family.
- Cremation with memorial service: Many people still want to hold a service to remember their loved one and recognize their life lived. We can facilitate this if desired.
- Direct Cremation: We can bring the deceased directly to the crematory, bypassing the funeral home and attendant costs of aftercare.
- Low-Cost Cremation: If financial resources are limited, cremations are the most cost-friendly way to care for the remains of the deceased.
- Pre-needs: Looking to plan a funeral for a future day? We can help. Preplanning a funeral is a true gift and blessing to the surviving family. It takes a great deal of burden and stress out of the occasion.
Customization of Services
When you are considering funeral and cremation providers in Fulton, IL, be sure to ask questions about how the funeral home will customize a funeral to the needs of your family and lost loved one.
Here at Schilling Funeral Home & Cremation, almost everything can be personalized to this important occasion. These small but important details can be incredibly meaningful to a family as they say their last goodbyes. The finishing touches can change an otherwise standard funeral service into a rich celebration of life. It is a thoughtful way to pay respect and recognition for the life and accomplishments of a loved one gone.
Because of the relatively quick timeline associated with a funeral home’s work, it’s important that the funeral home you choose has a clear system of communication with the family. One that allows them to gather important information about the family and the deceased. This process may include things such as family culture, important traditions, religious practices, the wishes of the deceased for the occasion, and the desires of the family concerning the occasion.
Licensing and Experience Counts
Our funeral directors are licensed providers with decades of experience. All of our staff hold themselves to high ethical standards of practice. It is important for us to help your family in this important time of need. You can trust that we will bring all of our compassion and experience to your aid and help you to make thoughtful choices that will meet your family’s wishes. Let our professionals take the burden of planning and carrying out a funeral so that you can spend more time with your family.
If you're preparing your loved one's funeral, it is important to know that there are many different types of services available. The last wishes document will help guide what happens during each stage in life and how they want their remains treated after death; this includes where/however possible requests for cremation or burial with dignity according Funeral Homes near Fulton Illinois residents who die within 50 miles distance from our facility today!
Schilling is a family owned and operated funeral home. For three generations we have been proud to serve our friends and neighbors in the Sauk Valley community. We believe in what we do. If you are researching funeral and cremation services in Fulton, IL, consider contacting us for a conversation about how we can help. Schilling Funeral Home & Cremation is located at 702 1st Ave, Sterling, IL 61081. Call us at (815) 626-1131