Contact Us: (815) 626-1131
Modern and Traditional Funeral and Cremation Services in Milledgeville, IL
During difficult times, such as when a loved one dies, many families find great comfort in maintaining their traditions. Such practices have often been handed down for generations, making the simple act of participating in the event a connection point with those who have gone before. It can bring a sense of stability and peace when families choose to continue to participate in these deep cultural patterns. Here at Schilling Funeral Home, we believe in supporting and honoring families that choose a traditional funeral and cremation service in Milledgeville, IL.
For others, the old ways are unrelatable and do not bring the comfort that their family needs at such a difficult time. These families may wish to commemorate a lost loved one in a more modern style that reflects their family values in the here and now. There is no right and wrong way to hold a funeral. Ultimately, every family is seeking comfort in the best way for them. We will gladly help the families of our community in the way that best suits their needs.
Whatever you choose, some baseline details need to be considered. For example, what type of service do you want? Where will it be held? Will it be just for family? Or will friends be invited too? How many people will attend? Is there any meaningful music, poetry, or stories that should be shared? Who should speak and what should be said? Is there a religious element to the service?
If you’re not certain how to go about planning a funeral and cremation service in Milledgeville, IL, there are licensed professionals who can help. Our funeral service team here at Schilling Funeral Home has decades of experience. We can provide a wide range of commemorative service options to meet your family and deceased loved one's needs. We’ll help guide you through the process of planning a service, making it as simple and painless as possible. We operate with great compassion and understanding as you work through the details of this difficult life occasion.
Full-Service Funeral and Cremation Services in Milledgeville, IL
The very best funerals and memorials are the ones that fulfill the desires of the family and the loved one passed on. Our funeral home specializes not in any one kind of funeral, but in caring for families in their time of need. To minimize the burden of a funeral, we often coordinate the entire service, including all event logistics and venue planning right down to the last detail. A list of our services is as follows:
- Burials: Our professional team can provide burial services when needed.
- Cremations: This option is increasingly popular among families seeking alternative, earth-friendly ways of caring for mortal remains.
- Cremation with memorial service: When requested, we can coordinate memorial services after a cremation for families who would like this help.
- Low-Cost Cremation: Families who wish to minimize costs often inquire after this option. It is important to help the families of our community to be able to afford the service they need during a difficult time.
- Direct Cremation: We can transport the deceased directly to the crematorium. This service saves the time and cost of having a funeral home involved in the care and preparation of the deceased.
- Military Honors: When the departed is a veteran of the armed forces, we have the decor to honor their service to our nation properly. We respect our veterans and provide discounts for veteran funerals as a show of our gratitude for their service.
- Pre-needs: If you want to plan and pay for a funeral in advance, long before a death has occurred, we can help you. This preparation is always a great relief to survivors when death does occur.
- Traditional Funeral: We can provide a time-honored traditional service, including a viewing, funeral, and graveside service.
From the time you place a call with us, to the time the service is over and all have returned home, we will be with you every step of the way. We will carefully help you to plan and prepare for the service you and your family desire to hold. We know your family and your deceased loved one deserve our time and respect, and we hold ourselves to that standard with compassion and empathy during your time of loss.
Schilling Funeral Home & Cremation has been family owned and operated since 1975. We provide the families of the greater Sauk Valley area with the thoughtful care they have come to expect from our business. If you need funeral and cremation services in Milledgeville, IL, contact us here at our funeral home today. We are located at 702 1st Ave, Sterling, IL 61081. We can be reached at (815) 626-1131. Our family is here to serve yours in your time of need.