For Immediate Assistance: (815) 626-1131
Alternative and Traditional Funeral and Cremation Options in Sterling, IL
Schilling Funeral Home & Cremation knows the importance of personal attention, the genuine and compassionate care that your family deserves during this most difficult time. Since 1975, families have trusted our funeral home to care for their loved ones. Our dedicated and supportive staff are here to guide you through this difficult journey. We take pride in doing our absolute best to ensure your needs are met. Contact us at (815) 626-1131 or visit us at 702 1st Ave, Sterling, IL 61081.
When it comes to funeral and memorial services, every family handles them differently.
Here at Schilling Funeral Home & Cremation, we help families identify the needs of the family while respecting the wishes of the deceased. If you are looking for funeral and cremation services in Sterling, IL, we can help you create and hold a service that will honor your lost loved one while comforting the surviving family and friends.
From long experience, we know that when a family faces the loss of a loved one, they often look to each other and their values for comfort and meaning. Some families have standing traditions that have been passed down since time immemorial. Families remember these traditions and often choose to carry on these patterns. Traditions can be an important, stabilizing influence during an otherwise emotionally difficult time.
Other families find the older, traditional ways of their parents and grandparents less comforting and meaningful. When a death occurs, these families may choose to hold a more modern funeral or memorial service that reflect the family values in the here and now. They may have an easier time finding comfort in the present and the familiar.
The truth is, there is no right or wrong way to hold a funeral and cremation in Sterling, IL. Each family is unique in how they process grief. The most important priority of any funeral service is that the needs of the family and deceased are met and that healing can truly begin to occur. Our team is here to assist every step of the way, ensuring quality results for your upcoming event.
Customized Funeral and Cremation Services in Sterling, IL
A personal touch can go a long way to add meaning to the funeral service. It isn’t mandatory to do, but without thoughtful consideration about the deceased’s life, personality, and accomplishments, the funeral can feel insincere. At the same time, we know the family may have other requirements and constraints that need to be met.
That’s why we provide a full-service array of options to help you in your time of need. We can provide all of the following services to our patrons:
- Traditional Funeral: A timeless service that can include a viewing, funeral service, and graveside farewell. Many families appreciate the opportunity to gather together with family and friends to honor their deceased loved one and say goodbye.
- Burials: Our team of professionals includes staff and service personnel that can respectfully handle the internment after a funeral service has been completed.
- Cremations: This service has become more popular in recent years. Cremations are less costly than embalmment and casket burial and is also considered more earth-friendly.
- Direct Cremation: To reduce costs even further, our team is qualified to remove the deceased from their place of death and directly transport them to the crematorium. This service effectively circumvents the funeral home and reduces all attendant costs of keeping and preparing a body for burial or transport from there.
- Military Honors: If your loved one was a veteran, we can provide a service fitting of their sacrifice for our country. As a show of our gratitude for their service in our nation’s military, we choose to provide families with a veteran discount.
- Cremation with memorial service: Families that choose cremation for their deceased loved one often want to gather in remembrance of them. The service is much like a funeral, but because it has already been cremated, there are no mortal remains at the service.
- Pre-needs: This one is truly a thoughtful gift of love. Many people will pre-arrange and pay for their funeral, often well in advance of death. This act minimizes the burden on survivors who remain by significantly reducing the planning and financial resources required. Our funeral home can assist with this effort.
- Low-Cost Cremation: We want to make sure every family in our community has access to the services they need for their lost loved one. When there are financial concerns, we will work with a family to find the right solution.
Schilling Funeral Home has been family owned and operated since 1975. We live here in the Sauk Valley area, and our family takes great pride in caring for the families of our community during their time of sorrow. We believe in honoring and remembering those who’ve gone before us.
Funeral & Cremation FAQs
What will I need to start for funeral and cremation on pre-planning in Sterling, IL?
Pre-paying your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can co-ordinate a payment plans that suits your needs, from a single payment plan to monthly payment plans. By pre-paying your funeral you eliminate your family second guessing on if they have spent too much or too little on your funeral. Pre-payment also protects you and your family from inflation, and the growth is non-taxable. Depending on your region, if your funeral costs less than the amount you have put aside, those funds will be refunded back to your beneficiaries. Know more about advance planning in Sterling, IL here.
What does customized funeral and cremation services?
A personal touch can go a long way to add meaning to the funeral service. It isn’t mandatory to do, but without thoughtful consideration about the deceased’s life, personality, and accomplishments, the funeral can feel insincere. At the same time, we know the family may have other requirements and constraints that need to be met. Click here for other creative additions to services in funeral homes.
Why we provide a funeral and cremation full-service array of options?
We are compassionate professionals that can help you through this difficult time. We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards that our industry upholds. Our funeral directors are licensed and have years of experience to offer. Learn more about funeral home here.