For Immediate Assistance: (815) 626-1131
Tips for Planning Celebrations of Life After Cremation Services
Everyone wants their lost loved one’s service to stand out and be remembered for years to come, but it can be hard to impress people when you’re not exactly sure how. Are you looking to really honor the memory and life of your lost loved one with a memorable and unique celebration of life after a cremation service in Fulton, IL?
That’s where these tips come in. Use these ideas to help make your lost loved one’s celebration of life really stand out:
- Live Stream – Social media has another connection-boosting feature: live streaming. Almost every platform from Facebook to Instagram can live stream your celebration of life allow guests that can’t attend in person the chance to celebrate the life of your lost loved one.
- Create an Entrance – Everyone loves to make an entrance, so make sure the gateway into the celebration of life is something to remember. Dress up your entrance with lots of decorations and unique touches to make it feel more special and memorable. You can add a red carpet, flower wall, step and repeat, or a balloon walkway to make your event feel just like a celebrity award show. Or you can create a large photo collage of the deceased or make the entrance themed to something that he or she loved in life.
- Create Photo-Ops – It’s no secret that social media is huge these days. Take advantage of the craze for your loved one’s celebration of life by creating Insta-worthy photo-ops. You can rent out a photo booth or just set up a corner of the space with a backdrop and props. Not only will these chances to take photos help your guests have fun, but they will also help create more memories of your lost loved one that will live on. You can even create a unique hashtag that guests can use when posting so everyone can see the photos.
- Add Art – You want people to never stop talking about your event, and what makes people talk more than art? Hang unique and thought-provoking art pieces at the celebration of life. They double as décor and conversation starters. You can also choose to hang large pictures from the deceased’s life as a way for guests to remember big moments.
- Focus on the Food – People love food, so it’s not surprising that one the biggest parts guests remember of any event is the food. So, make sure your food really shines! Talk with your caterer to create a menu that focuses on fresh, local, and high-quality food, and don’t forget to include plenty of options for common dietary restrictions like gluten free, vegetarian, dairy free and vegan.
Do you want more assistance with creating a memorable celebration of life? Schilling Funeral Home & Cremation, a Fulton, IL cremation service provider, is here to help. We have the experience necessary to help you however possible in your time of loss or of preplanning. Call today to learn more about what we can do for you.