For Immediate Assistance: (815) 626-1131
Dealing With Grief After Cremation Services
Whether you choose a funeral or cremation services in Rock Falls, IL, loss is never going to be easy. Everyone deals with their grief in different ways, but sometimes the grief can be too much for any one person to handle on their own.
How can you tell if your grief is getting to be too much? With all the different ways grief presents itself and the range of time it can last, it can be tricky. However, you can use this list of signs to know if you might need to seek extra help or counseling for your grief.
- Fear of New Relationships - Apprehension of new relationships due to the fear of loss is common when grieving. However, in order to move forward and continue to grow, we must forge new relationships.
- Numbness to Emotion - Grief comes with a range of emotions, from sad and confused to even happy. Each emotion is acceptable during periods of mourning, but numbness is not. If you are feeling entirely numb and unable to feel any emotions, it may be time to seek help.
- Inability to Continue Normal Activities - If you are unable to perform normal activities like going to work or school, or even eating or sleeping, you many need a help with coping.
- Avoiding Time with Loved Ones - Sometimes its easier to process grief on our own, but its also important to be with loved ones. If you find yourself consistently avoiding other people, you should consider counseling.
- Sudden Changes in Behavior - If you find that you don’t recognize the choices you’re making or the person you’ve become, this may be cause for concern. Keep and eye out for irrational anger, excessive drinking, and drug use.
- Thoughts of Hurting Yourself - Feeling you want to hurt yourself should not be ignored, and must be addressed with a professional.
- Loss of Enjoyment - You shouldn’t stop living your life completely during grief. You’re still allowed to pursue your interests and goals. If your grief is preventing you from pursuing activities that you enjoy, or enjoying things you normally would, you may just need help finding your way forward.
- Escapism - Staying busy or trying to escape to avoid feeling sad is not a long-term solution. Eventually, you will need to face your feelings. If you are don’t feel up to doing so on your own, it may be wise to ask for a helping hand.
- Hallucinations/Voices - It may be comforting to imagine your lost loved one is with you, but hearing voices or seeing things that aren’t there is always a cause for concern. Be especially wary if what you are seeing or hearing is accusing or angry.
If you experience any of these signs, don’t be afraid to seek help from a friend, loved one, or professional. If you want to learn more about grief, or would like more information on Rock Falls, IL cremation services, Schilling Funeral Home & Cremation is here to help. Please contact us by visiting 702 1st Ave Sterling, IL 61081, or calling (815) 626-1131.