For Immediate Assistance: (815) 626-1131
Ideas For After Cremation Services
One of the main reasons cremation services are becoming so popular around the world is that they allow for plenty of opportunity to get creative and unique with the cremated remains after the cremation is over. Make your deceased loved one’s cremation services in Rock Falls, IL special, and then doubly so by memorializing them in a creative way after the cremation.
There are lots of classic options for cremated remains after cremation including scattering, inurnment, burial, entombment and more. However, the creativity doesn’t stop there. There are lots of other things you can do with a loved one’s cremated remains including:
- Plant a Tree - Really go green with cremation, and help your deceased loved one continue to give back long after he or she is gone. Buy a biodegradable urn that’s specially made to be buried without any harmful impact on the environment. Plant the Bio Urn with some ashes and seeds inside. The ashes will help nourish the seed until it grows into a beautiful tree people can enjoy for generations to come.
- Glass Art - Cremation ashes can be transformed into glass with the help of professional glass blowers. These artists can take small portions of the deceased’s ashes and create glass art in a range of shapes, colors, and sizes. You can display the art at home on your mantel, or somewhere else special.
- Jewelry - Keep your loved one close by placing ashes in cremation or memorial jewelry. People have been placing memories of deceased loved ones in jewelry for centuries. However, modern technology makes it easy to order personalized pieces like lockets, pendants, rings and more filled with small portions of ashes. You can order pre-made pieces online, or have a jewelry maker custom make a piece for you.
- Create A Diamond - While expensive, this memorial will really last forever. Special companies can extract carbon particles from the cremated ashes and grow a real diamond. You can personalize the color, shape or cut to make the diamond even more unique for the deceased.
- Fireworks - Help your loved one go out with a bang with a fireworks display. Some pyrotechnics companies help you scatter your loved one’s ashes by placing them inside fireworks. These incorporated ashes scatter when the fireworks go off, making for a memorable end to a memorial service.
This is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to post-cremation service options. If you need more ideas, think about the deceased and their interests or unique qualities. Take inspiration from them, to make their cremated remains memorial as respectful and special as it can be.
If you want to learn more about what to do with remains post cremation, or about cremation services in general, Schilling Funeral Home & Cremation is here for you. We offer a range of Rock Falls, IL cremation services from 702 1st Ave Sterling, IL 61081. Please give us a call today at (815) 626-1131 to learn more about what we can do for you.