For Immediate Assistance: (815) 626-1131
Funeral Homes and Personalized Funerals
Whether you’re hosting or preplanning for a funeral at a funeral home in Dixon, IL, you’ve most likely spent some time brainstorming how you can make the service as unique and specials as the deceased was. You wouldn’t be alone in this, as personalized funerals are the way of the future. Want to learn more? Here are some fascinating facts about personalized funerals:
- Funerals are a celebration of life – Funerals are no longer sad and gloomy events. People want to celebrate their lost loved ones in special ways, remembering them for their unique qualities and happy memories.
- Most people have never been to a personalized funeral – Even though most people want a personalized funeral, 53% of people have never been to one. Think about what was the most unique or special about your lost loved one, and try and incorporate that into the funeral.
- Most Families don’t want a traditional funeral – According to a recent study, 71% of families do not want a traditional funeral as they see them as gloomy or dark. Most families want something unique that reflects the special qualities of their lost loved one.
- People want a party – In another recent study, 500 participants were asked to name something they really want at a funeral. The top 5 answers were music, family, people, beer and flowers. When put all together, these 5 things equal a celebration.
- Cemeteries are overcrowded – About 2.7 million Americans die every year. That’s the entire population of Chicago. With so many deaths, it’s no wonder cemeteries are too crowded. That’s why many people are opting for non-traditional ways of putting their lost loved ones to rest.
- Religion is on its way out – According to the National Funeral Directors Association, the percentage of people that think religion is an important part of a funeral has gone down by more than 10%. More people are placing personalization over religion.
- Webcasting services – The internet is also allowing families to be a part of funeral services even if they can’t be there in person. Funeral webcasting is becoming very popular all across the US, and is only getting cheaper which makes it more accessible for everyone.
- Cremation is in – The most recent numbers project that by 2035 75% of Americans will choose cremation over burial because of personalization, price and the environment.
- Memorial videos – Memorial videos put modern technology to good use. They allow families to make personalized tributes for the deceased for people to enjoy at the funeral and beyond.
- Traditional burials are out – Traditional burials are now thought of as wasteful and bad for the environment. For example, in one year in America, burial puts enough embalming fluid into the ground to fill an Olympic swimming pool.
- Digital obituaries – Since most obituaries are now placed on memorial websites rather than printed in traditional newspapers, they are becoming more and more important, thorough, and personalized.
Want to learn more about personalized funerals or Dixon, IL funeral homes? Just contact Schilling Funeral Home & Cremation by visiting 702 1st Ave Sterling, IL 61081, or calling (815) 626-1131.