For Immediate Assistance: (815) 626-1131
Tips for Choosing a Florist for Memorial
Most memorials held after cremation services in Morrison, IL could benefit from some lovely fresh flowers. Choosing a florist is a big part of planning a service, and it can be a tricky thing to do as there are a lot of things you have to consider to make sure that you’re happy with the flower you get to honor your lost loved one. Use these tips to make sure you choose a good florist for your loved one’s service:
- Look Early – It’s never too early to start checking out florists. The more time you give yourself for your search the less frantic your search will be. Plus, these days, florists can book up very early. Start early to make sure you have plenty of time to do research, get inspiration, interview different options, and make sure the one you pick is still available.
- Get Inspired – You can’t choose a florist until you know what you want. Look online at Pinterest, check out photos of other services, and talk with funeral directors to come up with a general idea of what you want your flowers to look like. This way you can show potential florists your inspiration photos to see if they will be able to give you what you want.
- Budget – Flowers don’t come cheap, so it’s important that you have a good idea of your budget before you begin talking with florists. This way you can eliminate options quickly if they are out of your price range, so you don’t get you heart broken by loving flowers that are too expensive.
- Do Research – Take some time to research the different florists in your area. Look at websites, check out Instagram pages, and read as many reviews as you can get your hands on. Don’t forget to check out pricing, too. This way you can quickly check options off your list if they don’t immediately gel with your budget or if they have lots of negative reviews. You can also ask your funeral home and other vendors about different florists as many vendors work with one another often and can offer valuable insight into who is reliable, who does good work and who will be a good fit.
- Make Some Calls – While research is important, it’s not the only way you should decide on a florist. Don’t be afraid to pick up the phone to chat with various options or, better yet, get in the car and go visit them and their shop to see some work in person. Your florist will be a big part of your lost loved one’s service, so you want to make sure you have complementing personalities and work types. That can only be determined with an interview.
Schilling Funeral Home & Cremation is here to help if you need more guidance on florists or Morrison, IL cremation services. We’re happy to do whatever we can to help you in your time of loss. Use these tips to find a great florist for your lost loved one’s service, but, most of all, take your time and don’t feel like you have to go with the first florist you meet. It’s a big decision.